Halloween!! 10 års Bryllupsdag!
Jeg pleier å prøve å få til så god stemning som mulig i hagen på Halloween (les skummel)
Jeg og damen har vært sammen i 11 år nå. (gift i 10. Bryllupsdag den 28. :) ) og som vi pleier så tok vi en kveld med kutting av gresskar og gjorde ting klart til halloween.
Denne gangen prøvde vi å benytte mer av gresskaret enn vi har gjort før, dette er resultatet.
Gresskarsyltetøy med ingefær (oppskrift)
Kok opp gresskarkjøøttet under omrøring mens sukkeret løser seg opp, ha i evt. vann, la småkoke i ca 15 minutter. Ta av plata. Ha i syltepulver + ascorbinsyre. Legg på glass. Oppbevares kjølig.
Vi hadde to gresskar og en ingefær.
ca 1 kg. sukker
+ nok vann
How To Roast Pumpkin Seeds:
1. Clean the seeds. The annoying-but-necessary task is that you have to meticulously clean the seeds until there are no signs of pumpkin guts. After picking off the strands, give them a GOOD rinse with water in a colander. Sidenote ? If someone comments telling me a quick way to clean pumpkin seeds, I will love you forever!!
Note: Some of you say that sugar pumpkin seeds yield much crispier seeds than carving pumpkins. I used sugar pumpkin seeds and mine were certainly super crispy!
2. Boil for 10 minutes in salt water.
3. Drain the seeds in a colander and dry lightly with a paper towel or tea towel. The seeds will stick to the towel, but just rub them off with your fingers. Don?t worry, they don?t have to be bone dry ? just a light pat down.
4. Spread seeds onto a baking sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil (I only needed to use about 1/2-1 tsp). Massage oil into seeds and add a generous sprinkle fine grain sea salt. Try to spread out the seeds as thin as possible with minor overlapping.
5. Roast seeds at 180 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Roast for another 8-10 minutes (if your oven temp is off, this could vary a lot!). During the last 5 minutes of roasting, remove a few seeds and crack open to make sure the inner seeds are not burning (you don?t want the inner seed brown). Cool a couple and pop them into your mouth to test. They are ready when the shell is super crispy and easy to bite through. The inner seed should have only a hint of golden tinge to it. They should not be brown.
6. EAT! Remove from oven, add a bit more Herbamare, and dig in! Ah, so good, so good! There is no need to remove the outer shell; it?s quite possibly the best part.